Thursday, October 31, 2013

X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer


Once again helmed by Bryan Singer, this is the first glimpse of the latest X-Men movie. I'm hesitant to say it looks good, as I've been burned in the past, but I was excited to catch a glimpse of Bishop. I was wondering when one of the futuristic X-Men would make an appearance. I just hope he's going to be more than just a cameo in the opening sequences, when they show how the war ravaged Earth.

The trailer, unlike others, doesn't divulge too much about the movie. I appreciate that. It leaves a lot of mystery, especially in terms of action and, of course, the Sentinels, yet still gives us the plot and a slew of characters. As someone that wasn't huge into X-Men growing up I didn't even recognize a few of the mutants; I did spot fan-favorite Beast (will Kelsey Grammer have a cameo?), Rogue, Mystique, Kitty Pryde, Iceman, Blink, Storm, Bolivar Trask--I can't wait to see Peter Dinklage as the villainous genius behind Sentinels--and Wolverine, who looks to be a co-lead with Professor X and Magneto.

It'll be interesting to see how Singer weaves such a large cast into the movie.

3 comments:

  1. Make Age of Apocalypse and I will buy out the theater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I wouldn't be surprised if this new movie leads into Age of Apocalypse. They're introducing or have already introduced a lot of the mutants involved in that story, and all they'd really have to do is end Days of Future Past with Legion trying to kill Magneto and Xavier dying instead. I doubt it'd happen, but I'd cheer in the theater...like when I saw Thanos after Avengers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only we had billions of dollars... the movies we could make.

    ReplyDelete