Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Post From Facebook

I'm not going to make a habit of posting about politics. In fact, this might be the only post I ever make. What I really want to do is share the Facebook post I received this morning from a guy I went to college with, because it relates to my "Social Network Failure" post. Without further ado, here it is:

"Steve the truth is marriage does not discriminate on gender or race, the true reason it has nothing to do with gays is because it is at its core a institution which involves procreation, sorry but true, and also true is some dude floating around on pixie dust is not the same as a mother, and some chick in a flannel with a crew cut is not the same as a father. Sorry but its reality. Also on a side note remember if murderers, rapists and pedophiles were allowed to vote, they would support the same guy as you. On a side note if the voting age was 35 no democrat would ever be president, people get smarter as they get older. So enjoy standing with idiot kids that don't know any better, the scum of society, the moochers, and the old moonbat libs. I'll stand with the majority of troops, working Americans, and noncriminals. I'm a Republican because someone has to work, and I'm not owed anything but life, liberty, and the pursuit of happyness."


2 comments:

  1. Wow. When I started reading this person's post I was like okay, yes let's look at the marriage as an institution angle, this person might have something worth listening to. Then they said pixie dust and I knew this would no longer be about thinking,reason, and discussion but about opinion, prejudices, and stereotypes. It is okay to be angry with way things are but conjecture won't solve anything. And I am sorry Jurgen Habermas is still alive to witness a world that is more capable than ever to participate in a public sphere but is divided by that same capability.

    ReplyDelete